Saturday, September 19, 2009

Teacher, I dedicate this blog from a Paris room


Last night, was the first night that I had gotten in touch with my family through skype, since I had arrived in paris. Which was wonderful. Until I heard the bad news. My teacher from high school passed away. Cancer wins again. 
He taught english, but the class I remember him for was his Shakespeare class. He was a wonderful teacher, funny, enthusiastic and laid back. He really deepened my enjoyment of shakespeare, and just reading new and challenging things. I will miss him. I had a bit of conflict with writing this, naturally, I didn't want to step on anyone's toes. I also didn't think it was anyones businesses. However, this is apart of my experience here. I suppose I write this blog for me just as much as anyone else. 
Today, I also write for him. When I pass a shakespeare tavern here, I think of him and my heart becomes a little heavy. Though my thoughts on an afterlife are a mystery even to me, I hope that he is in a better place. I think the best I can do for someone who dedicated himself to English literature, is to write a simple blog to commemorate him. May he rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment